Cocoa butter is a natural ingredient that is commonly used in all-natural, beeswax-based balms due to its many medicinal benefits including:
- Moisturizing: Cocoa butter is an excellent moisturiser that helps to hydrate and nourish the skin. When used in a balm, it can help to soothe dry and chapped skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
- Anti-inflammatory: Cocoa butter contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation and redness in the skin. When used in a balm, it can help to alleviate discomfort and irritation associated with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Antioxidant: Cocoa butter is rich in antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. When used in a balm, it can help to promote healthy, radiant skin.
- Anti-aging: Cocoa butter contains natural compounds that can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When used in a balm, it can help to promote a more youthful complexion.
- Healing: Cocoa butter contains natural compounds that can help to heal and soothe damaged skin. When used in a balm, it can help to promote the healing of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Stretch mark prevention: Cocoa butter is commonly used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. When used in a balm, it can help to maintain the skin’s elasticity and prevent the formation of stretch marks.
- Aromatherapy benefits: Cocoa butter has a rich, chocolatey aroma that can have a calming effect on the mind and body.
Overall, using cocoa butter in some of our all-natural, beeswax-based balms can provide a range of health benefits for the skin. It is a natural and effective way to moisturise and nourish the skin, reduce inflammation and redness, promote healthy and radiant skin, heal damaged skin, prevent stretch marks, and provide aromatherapy benefits.
We use cocoa butter in our Boo Bee & Belly Balm.