Reusable | Eco-friendly | Natural | Compostable | Handmade | Australian Bees Wax
Our Five Pack of wraps is ideal for a range of uses within the family and the perfect starter pack, we have included a wrap for every aspect of daily life! This pack offers a true variety of wrap sizes and is perfect for yourself or as a gift for a loved one.
2 MEDIUM Wraps 20 cm x 20cm
2 LARGE Wraps 25 cm x 35 cm
1 GIANT Wrap 35 cm x 40 cm
Designs chosen at random & may differ from those in photo.
The medium wraps are great for offcuts of produce; such as half an avocado, apple or lemon. They are also perfect for creating snack bags for nuts and cookies or to cover your favourite cheese. Our large sized wraps have been created with sandwiches in mind for either working adults or school lunches; they are also great for wrapping up a bunch of carrots or to keep mushrooms firm. When it comes to covering platters or bowls of fresh salad then our giant wrap has you covered!
Our food wraps are made from cotton, beeswax from our own hives, tree resin and organic coconut oil. They are 100% natural, reusable and non - toxic. Beeswax Food Wraps are a unique and completely natural way of packaging and storing food; whether that be your favourite loaf of sourdough, a block of cheddar cheese or your morning snack, always remember that your decision to use Beeswax Food Wraps is creating a cleaner planet for future generations to enjoy!
Plastic is one of our planets greatest pollutants and every step towards less plastic is a step worth taking!
HOW TO USE
Simply use the warmth of your hands to form the Beeswax Food Wrap over a bowl, half a piece of fruit or to create your very own little sachet for that afternoon snack. The wrap will hold its shape when it cools within seconds, creating a seal.
As Beeswax and Tree Resin are temperature and alcohol sensitive; to clean your Beeswax Food Wraps simply hand wash in COLD water with biodegradable, alcohol free dish soap.
When washing your wraps in COLD water the beeswax will become stiff creating a stable surface to clean, for heavily soiled wraps let them soak for a short period of time in a sink of COLD water and dish soap, then gently scrub with a cloth or sponge.
Once washed hang to dry or towel dry for immediate use. If unsoiled from covering items such as a bowl of salad simply reuse or store in a clean, dry place.
You can either roll or fold your wraps and keep them in a kitchen drawer until next time.
- They are perfect for covering rising dough as they are insulating yet breathable, creating the ideal environment. Fermenting foods such as yoghurt also benefit from being covered with a Beeswax Food Wrap.
- Whist you can definitely cover cold cuts and cooked meat we suggest avoiding direct contact with raw meat, as they cannot be washed in hot water. Place leftover or raw meat in a dish, cover and store in the refrigerator as an alternative.
- Mutual love = Cheese and wax are made for each other! Beeswax Food Wraps store all types of cheese well. We suggest removing the packaging your cheese came in and wrap it in a Beeswax Food Wrap to keep them both happy!
- Always use COLD water to wash your wraps, as warm water will affect the coating of your wraps as both Beeswax and Tree Resin liquefy at higher temperatures.
- Beeswax Food Wraps are self- adhesive and stick to themselves not the item in which you are wrapping. They are malleable at room temperature, in the fridge they will become stiff and take on a new shape, they will soon soften when returned to room temperature.
- Do not wring your Beeswax Wraps to dry, treat them like a plate not like fabric.
- Beeswax lasts a lifetime and never goes bad; but when using your Beeswax Food Wraps the protective wax coating will be worn away. When your wrap is ready for replacing simply dig a hole in your backyard or place them you’re your compost where they can decompose without leaving a trace.
- Beeswax Food Wraps generally last between 6 to 12 months, over this time you may find your natural handmade food wraps begin to lose a little of their adhesiveness and some edges may fray. This is completely normal and expected for a handmade and natural product, simply assist them to hold around your food with a piece of twine and use a rotary cutter or sharp scissors to trim the fraying edges if you wish.
- If alcohol is within the first five ingredients of your dishwashing liquid it will be too harsh for your wraps as both beeswax and resin are soluble in alcohol. If no ingredients are shown on your dishwashing liquid we suggest finding another.
- Even though Beeswax Food Wraps are used in replacement of plastic wrap you unfortunately cannot use them in the exact same ways. Food wraps are not suitable for the dishwasher, microwave over, direct heat or high temperatures. Always allow the food to cool before covering and avoid sources of heat and open flame.
- Stains, creases and less shine are completely normal and expected. All materials used in creating food wraps are natural and will not look the same as when they arrive. Over time they will show their age and journey, including pigmented foods adding to their character.
Please note: Price is exclusive of GST and will be added at checkout.